7 week course: What’s in a Page – Introduction to printmaking
Saturdays, 22 January – 12 March 2022
3.00 – 6.00pm
Half term break: 19 February 2022
What’s in a Page is a 7 week introductory course to print led by Robyn Lawrence, experimenting with various forms of printmaking and bookmaking. This will include screen-printing, relief printing, and lithography. We’ll be taking inspiration from the exhibitions of Allison Katz and Julien Creuzet, contemplating themes of language, personal anecdote, and recurring motifs. Each week, you will expand your knowledge of printed matter and work towards a final artwork with a multi-disciplinary approach.
Perfect for people that are new to printmaking processes, this experimental course will offer the opportunity to learn new ways of making.
The course will cover an introduction to:
- Relief printing
Robyn Lawrence (b. 1995) is a London-based artist and MA Print, Royal College of Art graduate. Her print-based practice draws reference from histories rich with the mystic, the supernatural, and the subconscious. In 2018 she was awarded the Victor Watson Print Prize and in 2020, the August Martin Print Award. She is currently one of the exhibiting artists in The New Folk exhibition at North Lincolnshire Museum and has previously exhibited at Southwark Park Gallery (London), Sagacity (Brussels, Belgium), Kristin Hjellegjerde Gallery (London), and Saatchi Gallery (London).
This course is made possible by the generous support of Cass Art.
- This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of drawing or printmaking.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- Booking on a course at Camden Art Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre. See Learning Agreement for details.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Please note we require course attendees to have undertaken a lateral flow test (that produced a negative test result) within the preceding 48 hours before a session.
- Course attendees must adhere to our Covid-19 safety measures as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.