Volunteer Gallery Assistants are responsible for looking after our gallery spaces: ensuring that the artworks are safe and secure; making our visitors feel welcome; talking about our exhibitions and wider programme of online and offline events and recording important data and feedback. In a few words, being a promoter of everything we do at Camden Art Centre!
In addition to that, our volunteers can lead guided tours, attend workshops and seminars hosted by Camden Art Centre’s staff, attend our events and meet like-minded people.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, but an interest in the arts is essential.
Why volunteering with us?
- To meet like-minded people
- To gain insight into working in the arts
- To engage with the public
- To think and talk about art and the work the centre does
- To meet practising artists
- To meet arts professionals
- To encourage young people to get involved in the arts
Additional opportunities for our Volunteers
- Workshops – from learning interview skills and refining your CV to art handling, gaining funding, social media and PR
- Seminars – going into depth about curation, the works in the current exhibitions and past exhibitions at Camden Art Centre
- Lead guided tours about our organisation and the current exhibitions
- Participate to gallery visit days
- Ad hoc projects to get involved with
Our Volunteers are offered
- A refund for travel expenses up to £5.50 per day
- Badges, tote bags and file notes for each exhibition