7 week course: Drawing on new ideas – Expanding ideas around drawing by looking, experimenting and thinking
Thursdays, 20 January – 10 March 2022
6.30 – 9.00pm
Half term break: 17 February 2022
Drawing on new ideas is a 7 week course led by Phil Goss exploring how our drawing practice can be enriched by outside influences such as music, film, literature and theatre. Sessions will mix rigorous exercises based on observation and experimentation with exposure to ideas from different art forms. Each week will focus on a different aspect of drawing such as mark-making or depiction of space.
Suitable for beginners or people who are striving to enrich their drawing practice with fresh ideas and new methods.
The course will cover:
- Drawing with ink, charcoal and pens
- Mark making
- Mono printing
- Drawing through silk screens
- Painting on hessian
Phil Goss was born in Bristol in 1984. He studied English Literature BA, at Edinburgh University. Later he went on to study Visual Communication MA, at the Royal College of Art in 2013. Goss has had solo shows in London and Athens and has shown at the V&A museum, Evelyn Yard Gallery, Josh Lilley Gallery, Aldeburgh Look out Tower, Geddes Gallery and London Design Festival; designed print for Folk and Paul Smith and has produced bespoke interiors for Alex Eagle, Blacks, Fix126, Santoremedio; and is currently the Director of the Centre for Recent Drawing in London.
This course is made possible by the generous support of Cass Art.
- This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of drawing or printmaking.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- Booking on a course at Camden Art Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre. See Learning Agreement for details.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Please note we require course attendees to have undertaken a lateral flow test (that produced a negative test result) within the preceding 48 hours before a session.
- Course attendees must adhere to our Covid-19 safety measures as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.